For queries about the IRIS project please contact email@example.com
IRIS FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Tel: 020 7679 7005 or 020 7679 7006 (Internal 37005 or 37006)
- Clinical Reader
- Clinical, Educational & Hlth Psychology
- Div of Psychology & Language Sciences
- Faculty of Brain Sciences
PhD in 1976 while working at St Thomas' Hospital in pain management; subsequently part-time senior lecturer at King's College medical school and part time clinical practice at St Thomas' Hospital.
2004 came to UCL as Reader in Clinical Health Psychology.
- facial and behavioural expression of pain and emotion by people with chronic back pain (EPSRC grant with Nadia Berthouze, UCL; Maja Pantic, Imperial College; Paul Watson, Leicester University)- influences on observer judgements of pain
- patient experience of consultations in pain clinic, and change in understanding pain
- evaluation, including systematic review and meta-analysis, of cognitive and behavioural rehabilitation programmes for people with chronic pain
- misrepresentation of pain as 'medically unexplained'
- pain in survivors of torture
- models of pain and their application; adjustment to chronic disease
- introduction to psychology; health behaviour and illness presentation; life events and psychoneuroimmunology; chronic illness and disability; pain.
MSc Health Psychology
BSc/MSc Speech Sciences
- health psychology across the lifespan
- core psychological issues in physical illness and disability
- loss and bereavement in physical illness and disability
- refugees and asylum seekers
|1996||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy||University of London|
|1985||MSc||Master of Science||North East London Polytechnic|
|1976||BSc||Bachelor of Science||University of Bristol|