Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Research Associate
- Dept of Medical Phys & Bioengineering
- Faculty of Engineering Science
Dr Jean Martial Mari was born in La Reunion Island (France) in August 1976. He received his Electrical Engineering diploma from the INSA Lyon (France) in 2000 with a specialization in Signal Processing, a PhD in Acoustics from the Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (France) in 2004, and his French "Habilitation to Lead Research" (HDR) in 2012 from that same university. His PhD thesis focused on the acoustical observation of strongly scattering straight micro tools in soft tissue. He had an appointment as Assistant Lecturer (2003) and then as short term Lecturer (ATER) in Computer Science. He joined the Medical Vision Laboratory, University of Oxford, as Research Assistant in 2005 on ultrasound Contrast Agent imaging and quantification of perfusion, and is the co-inventor of a related patent. He was then appointed Research Associate at the Department of Bioengineering of the Imperial College London, exploring new techniques for the measurement of flows in vessels using ultrasound, where he contributed to a second patent and the application of a third. Between September 2009 and January 2013 he has been a short term Researcher at Unit 1032 (former 556), an A+ ranking INSERM (French medical research institute) facility, working on ultrasonic telemetry and liposomal drug targeted delivery using focused ultrasound. He gave about 640 hours of lectures and conferences, mostly in computer sciences, published 19 peer reviewed articles in international journals, and is the co-author of 33 conference communications. He also co-supervised several PhD, Masters and Intern students (>26). His general research interests include ultrasonic observation of surgical instruments, ultrasound contrast agents, linear and non linear imaging, fluid mechanics, technical acoustics, focused ultrasound, medical imaging, optics and computer science.
I do not currently teach. Here are my past activities (~620 hours)
- 2012-2013: Image Processing at the Istil, Engineer School at Polytech Lyon (24h).
- 2011-2012: Image Processing at the Istil, Engineer School at Polytech Lyon (16h).
- 2011: Ultrasound imaging, in Medical Physics section at the ISTIL, Engineer School in Lyon (2h).
- 2011: Ultrasound Contrast agents Lecture at IPS (Ingénierie pour la Santé, Master, 2h).
- 2011: ESMP Archamps: Ultrasound Therapy, Elastography, Quality Assurance lectures, and Field II workshop support (4 h).
- 2010: Haemodynamics and Doppler: 2h lecture in Master of Bioengineering on vascular flow imaging using ultrasound Doppler.
- 2009: Haemodynamics and Doppler: 2h lecture in Master of Bioengineering on vascular flow imaging using ultrasound Doppler.
-2006 : Non linear Acoustics in Matlab (DTC students,
- 2003/2004-2004/2005: Computer Science Department for the University’s Technologic Institute A (IUTA Info. Bourg en Bresse), Full time. 3x25 students and 2x25 students.
- 2000-2003 Computer Science for EURINSA, ASINSA, Premier Cycle INSA de Lyon (French Grande Ecole): 2´25, 2´25, & 25 students.
- DESS TAP (Bac+6): 10 students.