Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Research Associate
- Museums and Public Engagement
- Professional Services
Her graduate internship in 2006/07 at the Getty Conservation Institute, field projects department, in Los Angeles/USA gave her working experience in international projects by contributing to the project: Middle Eastern Geodatabase for Antiquities (MEGA) - Jordan.
Since 2008 she is studying and working at UCL.
Mona Hess is working as Research Assistant for UCL
Museums and Public Engagement, and is based at the UCL Photogrammetry, 3D Imaging and
Metrology Research Centre as part-time PhD at the Department for Civil,
Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, supervised by Prof. Stuart Robson.
Specialized in 3D colour imaging and
replica for museum objects she has taken on projects within University College
London (E-Curator "3D
colour scans for remote object identification and assessment", workshop ‘Life cycle of a digital object’), for museums in
London (British Museum - Solomon Islands Canoe, Science Museum, Cortauld Institute of Art) but also internationally (Università
degli studi Lecce/Italy, CULTNAT Egypt, University of Virginia/ USA).
3D colour laser scanning of museum objects
E-documentation of cultural heritage
Digital archives for buildings and museum objects
Heritage Conservation and Conservation Science
Past teaching experience
- PGTA for 3D laser scanning, Lampeter Field Course
- PGTA for creation and maintenance of the website 'Women in Engineering' http://www.ucl.ac.uk/women-in-engineering/
- Seminars for UCL Digital Humanities Master students, UCL Material Culture/Anthropology, Wall painting Conservation Department at Cortauld University
- invited talks for Digital Classicist, Oxford RTI-Sad
- workshop co-ordination and teaching for topographic map reading and use of Google Earth for locating archaeological sites, Jordan Amman with the Getty Conservation Institute (2007)
|15-JAN-2008||Reseach Assistant||UCL Museums and Public Engagement||UCL, United Kingdom|
|2005||AM||Master of Arts||Otto-Friedrich Universitat|
|2002||Dipl. Ing.||Diplom- Ingenieur||Technische Universitat München|