Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Professor of Algal Biotechnology
- Structural & Molecular Biology
- Div of Biosciences
- Faculty of Life Sciences
My research encompasses five major themes:
1. The nuclear control of gene expression in the chloroplast and mitochondrial organelles.
2. The evolution and metabolism of the algal chloroplast.
3. The production of high value recombinant products through genetic engineering of algal chloroplast and cyanobacteria.
4. The exploitation of algae for biofuel production.
5. The development of new synthetic biology tools and methodology for genetic engineering of algae.
|1988||DPhil||Doctor of Philosophy – Molecular Biology||University of Cambridge|
|1984||BSc Hons||Bachelor of Science (Honours) – Biochemistry||University of Bristol|