Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Professor of Education and Musculoskeletal Engineering
- Inst of Orthopaedics & Musculosk Sci
- Div of Surgery & Interventional Sci
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
1) Investigate and test mechanisms for spatial orientation and effect of mechanical cues on cellular responses in 3D with applications in bioreactor technology 2) Investigate and identify cell sources, (stem cells, dermal fibroblasts, tendon fibroblasts and myoblasts) for mechanical and spatial cue responses. 3) Testing tissue engineered constructs in in vivo models specially developed using measurable outcomes. 4)Musculoskeletal engineering: 1) Mechanism's for directing cell differentiation in 3D models of tissue constructs 2) Cell sourcing, using mechanical cues and monitoring through mechano-responsive genes in tissue engineered tendon, skin and muscle constructs 3) Identification of molecular and cellular markers which respond to defined mechanical cues. 4) Mesenchymal stem cells with applications in Musculoskeletal Engineering. 5)Wound Healing: The role of specific cell migration during flexor tendon healing and formation of adhesions, prevention of adhesion formation using protein blockers to inhibit cell migration. Identification of cellular mechanisms in Dupuytren's Contracture and Frozen Shoulder.
Lectures and tutorials on musculoskeletal systems including disease conditions.
|1990||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy – Biochemistry||University of Bombay|
|1982||BSc||Bachelor of Science – Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry||University of Bombay|