Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Professor of Social and Biological Epidemilogy
- Epidemiology & Public Health
- Institute of Epidemiology & Health
- Faculty of Pop Health Sciences
Current research involving the Whitehall studies includes:
- biological and behavioural pathways including diet involved in the production of the social gradient in health,
- studies of successful ageing, including adaptation to existing morbidity and accelerated biological ageing.
- psychosocial factors as a cause of cardiovascular disease,
- feasibility of targeted diabetes screening.
Recent research outputs include
- demonstration of robust link between physical functioning, functional limitations and aortic (arterial) stiffness
- a systematic review of the effectiveness of population and community based interventions for chronic disease prevention
Eric Brunner is co-Director of the UCL MSc/PG Diploma in Social Epidemiology: Health and Society
The component module <Epidemiology> was taken by 105 students across FBS in 2010/2011.
|1994||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy – Epidemiology and Public Health||University College London|
|1977||MSc||Master of Science – Biochemistry||University of London|
|1974||BSc Hons||Bachelor of Science (Honours) – Chemistry||University of Exeter|