Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Senior Clinical Research Associate
- Infection & Population Health
- Institute of Epidemiology & Health
- Faculty of Pop Health Sciences
I graduated in Medicine with an intercalated B.Sc. in Neurosciences from the University of Edinburgh in 1998. I have worked in Glasgow, London, Australia and South Africa. In 2009 I completed a PhD at King’s College London on Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome in HIV-infected patients, following a period of field work in Durban, South Africa (affiliated with the University of KwaZulu-Natal) from 2006-2008. I undertook specialist training in Genitourinary Medicine at the Mortimer Market Centre from 2003-2010. Following this, I took up a post at the Centre for Sexual Health & HIV Research. My current research interests are neuropsychological, cognitive and cerebrovascular disorders in HIV positive people, and I collaborate closely with colleagues in the NHS as well as other UCL departments in the Institute of Neurology.
* Neurological disorders in HIV, including opportunistic infections and HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders (HAND)
* Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS)
* HIV-related complications in patients receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART)
* Epidemiological studies of diagnostic test accuracy
* I run a module on Infectious Diseases (code IEHC2003) which is a compulsory module in Year 2 of the BSc in Population Health (see www.ucl.ac.uk/bsc-population-health). This module is open to undergraduates from other degree courses, depending on course requirements and availability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
* I teach clinical and epidemiological aspects of sexual health and HIV medicine at Masters level on several courses.
* I run an annual 1-week short course in research methods aimed at doctors, nurses, clinical researchers and allied professionals with an interest in HIV, infectious diseases or sexual health. Dates TBC for 2017 (likely to be in September). Email email@example.com for details.
|2011||MSc||Master of Science – Epidemiology||London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine|
|2010||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy – Medicine||King's College London|
|1998||MB.ChB||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Medicine||University of Edinburgh|
|1995||BSc Hons||Bachelor of Science (Honours) – Neuroscience||University of Edinburgh|