Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Research Associate
- Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
- Faculty of Engineering Science
Mona Hess is a Research Associate based at the UCL Photogrammetry, 3D Imaging and
Metrology Research Centre headed by Prof. Stuart Robson at the Department for Civil,
Environmental and Geomatic Engineering. Mona is working in collaboration with UCL
Museums and Public Engagement since 2008.
Specialized in 3D colour imaging and
replica for museum objects she has taken on projects within University College
London (E-Curator "3D
colour scans for remote object identification and assessment", workshop ‘Life cycle of a digital object’), for museums in
London (British Museum - Solomon Islands Canoe, Science Museum, Cortauld Institute of Art) but also internationally (Università
degli studi Lecce/Italy, CULTNAT Egypt, University of Virginia/ USA).
3D colour laser scanning of museum objects
E-documentation of cultural heritage
Digital archives for buildings and museum objects
Heritage Conservation and Conservation Science
2014/2015 - Term 2: Module development, Tutor, Co-Teaching the BASC2082: Technologies in Arts and Cultural Heritage for the UCL Bachelor of Arts and Sciences.
2013-2015 Lecture and practical, 3D imaging for conservation, ARCLG142 Issues in Conservation: Understanding Objects
Past teaching experience:
- UCL CEGE PGTA for 3D laser scanning, Lampeter Field Course
- PGTA for creation and maintenance of the website 'Women in Engineering'
- Seminars for UCL Digital Humanities Master students, UCL Material Culture/Anthropology, Wall painting Conservation Department at Cortauld University
- invited talks for Digital Classicist, Oxford RTI-Sad
- workshop co-ordination and teaching for topographic map reading and use of Google Earth for locating archaeological sites, Jordan Amman with the Getty Conservation Institute (2007)
|13-JAN-2014||Research Manager and Facilitator||UCL Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering||UCL, United Kingdom|
|01-NOV-2012||Research Associate||UCL Public and Cultural Engagement||UCL, United Kingdom|
|15-JAN-2008||Reseach Assistant||UCL Museums and Public Engagement||UCL, United Kingdom|
|2015||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy – Engineering||University College London|
|2005||AM||Master of Arts – Heritage Conservation||Otto-Friedrich-Unviersität Bamberg (Germany)|
|2002||Dipl. Ing.||Diplom- Ingenieur – Architecture||Technische Universitat München|