Help Desk: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ras/portico/helpdesk
- Research Associate
- Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
- Faculty of Engineering Science
Prior to this Mona complete studies in architecture (Dipl.-Ing. Univ., TU Muenchen, Germany) and a M.A. in Heritage Conservation (Bamberg/Germany), where she specialized in CAD, 3D imaging techniques and databases especially in the field of conservation science and in architectural conservation. Mona now holds a PhD in 3D imaging metrology for cultural heritage from UCL Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering.
Her current position is Research Associate, and Research Manager for the 3DIMPact group (3D Imaging, Metrology & Photogrammetry Applied Coordinate Technologies) at UCL Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering. She was also active as UCL Robotics Coordinator for the Faculty of Engineering Sciences.
Mona is teaching on undergraduate and graduate courses across faculties and departments at UCL. She is the module coordinator for 'Technologies in Arts and Cultural Heritage' for the Bachelor of Arts and Sciences. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Mona is also taking on collaborative project work and consultancies with industry and heritage institutions. She is an active member of the international Digital Heritage community, lastly through the participation at the EU e-Cost action COSCH (Colour and Space in Cultural Heritage, TD1201).
Mona holds a PhD in 3D imaging metrology for cultural heritage.and offers a cross-disciplinary approach for 3D imaging metrology, and 3D virtual reconstruction and 3D printing in cultural heritage, arts & humanities and for creative industries.
Since 2008 she has been working as researcher at UCL CEGE and UCL Culture (UCL Museums and Collections). Specialized in 3D colour imaging and
replica for museum objects she has taken on projects within University College
London (E-Curator "3D
colour scans for remote object identification and assessment", workshop ‘Life cycle of a digital object’ and 3DPetrie), for museums in
London (British Museum - Solomon Islands Canoe, Science Museum, Cortauld Institute of Art) but also internationally (Università
degli studi Lecce/Italy, CULTNAT Egypt, University of Virginia/ USA). Please see Research Activities for more information.
digital heritage, 3D imaging of artefacts and spaces, digital documentation of cultural heritage, digital archives for buildings and museum objects, issues in heritage conservation and conservation science, teaching
Mona is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy through UCL Arena - An international recognition of a commitment to professionalism in teaching and learning in higher education demonstrating practice aligned with UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF).
- Module coordinator "Technologies in Arts and Cultural Heritage" (BASc2082), Interdisciplinary elective module, Faculty of Arts and Humanities (2014-2017 module development, co-teaching, coordination)
- Photogrammetry at Llynn Brianne, field course - Lampeter (CEGE2007-TI:FS), Field Studies and Surveying for MENg BEng at UCL CEGE
- Terrestrial data acquisition (CEGEG084) at UCL CEGE (support)
- Lecture 'Digital Reconstruction' in MRes Science and Engineering in Arts, Heritage and Archaeology, UCL Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment
- Lecture and practical for MA Issues in Conservation - Understanding objects (ARCLG142) and Principles of Conservation (ARDLG139), UCL Institute of Archaeology
- Course 3D Meshmix at the Summer School of the Bachelor of Arts and Sciences (BASc)
- Lecture and practical for MA Digital Resources in the Humanities (INSTG008), UCL Information Studies
- 3D scanning and low cost scanning classes for the Institute of Making, UCL Engineering
- Lecture for MA in Wall Painting Conservation, Courtauld Institute of Art
- Seminar for MA in Digital Anthropology, UCL Anthropology
|13-JAN-2014||Research Associate, Research Manager and Facilitator||UCL Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering||UCL, United Kingdom|
|01-NOV-2012||Research Associate||UCL Public and Cultural Engagement||UCL, United Kingdom|
|15-JAN-2008||Reseach Assistant||UCL Museums and Public Engagement||UCL, United Kingdom|
|2016||FHEA||Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy – Teaching and Learning in Higher Education||University College London|
|2015||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy – Engineering||University College London|
|2005||MA||Master of Arts – Heritage Conservation||Otto-Friedrich-Unviersität Bamberg (Germany)|
|2002||Dipl. Ing.||Diplom- Ingenieur – Architecture||Technische Universitat München|